Men who enter WRM for recovery work through a highly structured program of daily classes, training, work therapy, counseling, case management, 12-step meetings and Christian curriculum which is typically completed in 9 months.
Throughout their experience at the Mission, the men are encouraged to participate in a local church, attend AA/NA/CR meetings, and keep focus on the vision for their future that God has purposed for them.
- Christian Curriculum – Each man in the program works through an evidence-based, addiction recovery curriculum infused with the Word of God. Staff encourage, nurture and teach the men the ways of God. We are committed to the understanding that our deepest need is a relationship with Jesus Christ. The curriculum is enhanced by Daily Devotions, Small Group Ministry, Evening worship and attendance at 12-step programs (Celebrate Recovery, NA and AA.)
- On-site Clinical Counseling – On a weekly basis, men in our program participate in individual and group counseling sessions. Group classes focus on topics that are fundamental to recovery.
- Work Therapy – The life of the Mission is characterized by the clients working together to maintain the facility and participate directly in serving others through the Mission’s community assistance ministries. Each man is assigned to a Work Station on the campus, at The Mission Store or in the Food Pantry. The men receive instruction in areas such as operating equipment, serving the public, and grounds maintenance. We value the structure and discipline that work requires, and we encourage teamwork to accomplish the many and varied tasks necessary to operate the Mission.
- Building Relationships – Each man has a Team Leader and other staff who walk with him through the recovery process and pour love, encouragement, guidance and support into his efforts to rebuild his life, restore relationships, and move forward in sobriety and holy living. In addition to these vital coaching relationships, close bonds of brotherhood with one another are developed, which provides a level of support that often carries on in the community, once the men have graduated from the program.
- New Life – We believe that true life transformation is not only possible but promised in the redeeming power found in Jesus Christ.
- New Hope – The Truth is that even in the wake of the destruction and despair of addiction, nothing is too hard for God, and each person, created in the image of God, is the object of His extravagant love.
- Dorm – Clients share space, with 2-3 men to each “cube”.
- Dining Hall – Food is prepared by clients themselves, or from time-to-time by volunteers, church groups and others who wish to serve the men and provide the kitchen crew a Sabbath.
- Sanctuary – In addition to the requirements to attend Morning devotions and Evening Chapel, family worship for clients and their guests is offered monthly. Most clients also attend a local church to build sources of support and community outside the Mission.
- Library/Computer Lab – Clients may prepare resumes, look for jobs, participate in online GED classes as well as work through their curriculum packets in the Library.
- Fitness Room – Recreation and exercise is encouraged.
- Grounds – Our 30-acre campus affords many opportunities to walk, play, exercise, breathe deeply and enjoy the beauty of God’s creation.
Our Program graduates are often eager to share about how the power of the gospel and God’s provision through the Westminster Rescue Mission truly brought about life-changing restoration. See our testimonies
Eligibility and Intake
Men who desire freedom from addiction and life in Christ are encouraged to call our intake Pastor. This is a residential program with rules, responsibilities and opportunities. We are not a detox facility and we are not equipped to serve some dual diagnosis circumstances.
Our Recovery program will welcome and be blessed by volunteers in the areas of discipleship guides, GED mentors, health care professionals, IT services, landscaping, plumbing, woodworking, mechanics, cooks, and tradespeople of all kinds who are willing to invest in the lives of the men in our residential program and in Kingdom building. Call 410-848-2222 to volunteer or email email@example.com. Click here to download our volunteer application.